Donald (Don) Lee Roetter
- The absolute most important thing in Don’s life is his family. He loved them unconditionally and they loved him just the same.
- Lovingly named their “Grumpy” by his grandchildren (and all of their friends) because of his beard and the nickname given to his granddaughter Shayla when she was born (Dopey). Dopey’s best friend is always Grumpy and vice versa. He later had a second member of the snow white family in Kaden, when born he was given the nickname “Happy”.
- He was very proud of his Jewish heritage and passed along the values to his children and grandchildren.
- He got great joy working as a respiratory therapist in the NICU and helicopter transport response team. Worked hard to become one of the first registered respiratory therapists in the country.
- Certified as a medical legal consultant; performing medical legal reviews for the business Don and Beverly owned, managed, and cared for.
- His hobbies were plentiful:
- Gold Gold Gold; Don loved researching the gold market, its fluctuations, the impact on the world, and teaching everyone his knowledge. He loved it when you would lend an ear and interest in gold.
- President of Model A Restorers Club Tampa
- Don and Adam restored their beloved 1931 Model A Ford to all original parts. Drive it every chance they could.
- Loved animals through and through:
- Raised many birds throughout his life; closest to him being his 2 African Grey Maccaws (George and Gracie), Scarlet Maccaws (Stanley and Squeeks), Blue and Gold Maccaws (Buddy and Ariel), and his beloved Salmon Crested Cockatoo (Pinky).
- Loved many dogs through his life, but none more-so than Reagan, Nala, Waffles, and Cookie
- During high school and college, Don was an expert marksman with a rifle, winning several medals in competition. His gun hobby continued throughout his life, and elevated even higher with his very close friend Dave Rifkin.
- President of the debate team in high school; this skill only became sharper throughout his years and he loved to put it to use even during everyday conversation.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Donald Roetter, please visit our floral store.